How to use commas for clarity Mary Morel Online
Use commas to separate items in a series or list within a sentence, as in this example: The details required are name, date of birth, address and phone number. To provide extra information... Engaging students in the generative sentences strategy (Fisher & Frey, 2008) offers students a chance to use writing to deepen and extend their knowledge of words and how they function in relation to other words in context-rich sentences.
in-a-sentence.com provides example sentences showing how
The Word "Provide" in Example Sentences Page 1. 2244704 Tom provided evidence. CK 1 263227 We provided food and clothes for them. CK 1 298650 He is unable to provide for his family. CK 1 71404 I will accept the work, provided that you help me. autuno 1 22874 We provided the flood victims with food and clothing. CK 1 40263 Team members are provided with equipment and uniforms. CM 1 1847736 …... Use such as to provide specific examples of something you’re talking about. If the specific examples aren’t essential to the accuracy of your sentence, then use a comma before such as and after your example, unless the example is at the very end of the sentence.
How to Teach Giving Examples EnglishClub
Put wordy phrases on a diet Make sentences concise by eliminating wordy phrases. Wordy: In a situation in which a class is overenrolled, you may request that the instructor force-add you. how to prepare hookah at home 11/07/2010 · Using "provided" when you start a sentence usually means that "provided" will be the verb of that sentence. Think Yoda speak. Anastrophe is the sentence structure of starting with the verb, then the rest of the verb phrase (predicate) then the subject.
Sentences Oxford Dictionaries
when you want to use the author as an authoritative voice in your own writing. to introduce an author's position you may wish to discuss. to support claims in, or provide evidence for, your writing. how to make weed infused liquor Some of the example sentences, For a little insight, I'll label each of us with a one word description. She alone could provide insight into what he needed to do.
How long can it take?
What are some ways to use 'insight' in a sentence? Quora
- APA In-text Citations
- The Easiest Way To Learn How To Use These Words To Too Two
- How to Use a Colon in a Sentence (with Cheat Sheet) wikiHow
- Using Generative Sentences to Apply Academic Vocabulary
How To Use Provide In A Sentence
If you use the names in the citations, use the ampersand (&). Three to five authors: The first time you mention the source, include it in your sentence and list all authors.
- Possible sentences is a pre-reading vocabulary strategy that activates students' prior knowledge about content area vocabulary and concepts. Before reading, students are provided a short list of vocabulary words from their reading.
- www.EnglishPedia.net English words and Examples of Usage use "provide" in a sentence Desperate, they conceive another child to provide a genetic match.
- If you have what can be two separate sentences but want to make them one (creating a compound sentence), use a comma and a coordinating conjunction (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so) to link them. ( More information on compound sentences ) The comma should be …
- A semicolon is most commonly used to link (in a single sentence) two independent clauses that are closely related in thought. When a semicolon is used to join two or more ideas (parts) in a sentence, those ideas are then given equal position or rank. Some people write with a word processor; others