Building a 350 Vortec motor Page 1 iboats Boating
20/04/2011 · The engine in my truck is 350 sbc, 0.030 over, mild Comp cam, after market vortec heads, Edelbrock vortec intake and a 600cfm quadrajet. It performs just perfect for me and gets decent mileage with the 700r4 trans and a 3:42 limited slip differential..... So, when you decide to buy a cam head, make sure you have the Windsor and not the Cleveland model, or you are just wasting your money and time. The aftermarket is also rife with all kinds of Ford parts, and the 351W is one of those parts you can find all over the internet.
Valve Spring Kit SB Chevy VORTEC HI-Perf Hyd Roller 130
9/09/2014 · I'm putting a set of Vortec heads on my sbc 400 my cam has a lift of .443/.465. i've heard a lot of different things about the highest lift vortecs can take without machining ive heard .420-.550. which seems a little high.... Valve Lift (int./exh.) 0.457 in./0.466 in. 0.467 in./0.479 in. I am going to make a cam change to hopefully build an engine to produce a pretty flat power curve for daily driving but help when pulling a 6100 pound travel trailer. The information you provide is invaluable to me. Reply. Brad Swanson says: August 18, 2018 at 3:49 am. Ken, It seems that I am having the same issue as you. I
Budget Vortec Head Upgrade Easy Money-Saving Benchtop Mods
25/02/2014 · **Edit** Also, Vortec heads do well with split lift/duration, but not favoring the intake side. Exhaust lift should be ~.010-.020" higher than intake and the duration should be ~5-10* longer. Look at the ramjet 350/HT383 cam. how to make one cookie 24/01/2007 · The LT4 "HotCam" is a completely different animal- way to much duration for what you're doing, and the lift is definitely beyond what a stock Vortec can handle (.525/.525 with the 1.6 rockers spec'ed for that cam).
Ask Away! with Jeff Smith How Much Power Can I Make By
15/03/2005 · Another "if" is the lift the stock L31 setup will take. Mine was borderline at .452" lift, others apparently get more on the stock setup. Anything more and I would have had to cut the valve guides down. Of course, I had to change the springs too, (stock vortec springs are pretty weak, even though they were roller cam springs) so that was another expense. how to make campbell& 39 Port flow was designed to be high in the .300″-.500″ valve lift area to make power with relatively low-lift truck camshafts, whereas the old school Gen I heads liked higher-lift camshafts to make their power.
How long can it take?
Need help on cam choice. Page1 Chevy High Performance
- How many degrees advance should you be set Answers.com
- Need help on cam choice. Page1 Chevy High Performance
- How much power will a 350 make with 882 heads Answers
- Building a 350...what heads to use? Car Forums and
How To Make Vortech Heads Take 504 Lift Cam
I picked up a set of stock vortec heads a while back, casting number 062. One of the issues with these heads are that valve lift is severly limited. The max lift in stock form is .480", but when you ad in the valve-seal to retainer clearence, you end up with a safe lift of around .450". The easiest solution to fix this is to use a set of beehive springs (26918) and retainers (787) from comp
- 25/02/2014 · **Edit** Also, Vortec heads do well with split lift/duration, but not favoring the intake side. Exhaust lift should be ~.010-.020" higher than intake and the duration should be ~5-10* longer. Look at the ramjet 350/HT383 cam.
- The kit included a healthy hydraulic roller cam (.573/.582 lift split, a 235/239-degree duration split and 112-degree lsa), a set of E-CNC 185 heads and Performer RPM Air Gap intake. Run in carbureted trim with a 750 Holley, the power output of the top-end equipped 351W jumped to more than 450 hp. This was reduced slightly (to 433 hp) in part 2 when we replaced the carburetion with an EFI RPM
- How many degrees advance should you be set on sbc 350 with Vortec heads HEI distributor Edlebrock Performer manifold 488 lift 292 duration cam and should the timing be set without the vacuum advance?
- 6/11/2006 · The custom cam I have now has .566 lift and idles great. I havent dyno'd with it yet but it does make more power cause I trap 2 mph more than with the E cam. If it were me I would go with the big Z cam or a custom cam the E cam is a pain in the @ss with all the idle and vacuum issues it has. Just make sure you get an intake manifold that matches the powerband of the cam you choose and …